Tuesday, October 23, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} SNP Report

I drove out to the SNP with a buddy who is new to fishing hoping to get him into endless brookies.  We drove out to rose river farms and continued on Old Blue Ridge Turnpike through the dirt road until the dead end.  We hiked up the trail for about 10 minutes before hiking down the river.  I was using a double nymph rig.  On my first cast my indicator went under.  After fighting the fish for about 10 seconds I realized that this was not my ordinary 6 inch SNP brookie.  The fish jumped and I could tell that it was a big fish and not a brookie.  After about at 3-4 minute fight I brought the fish in to see that it was a large (probably my largest ever) brown trout.  I did not have a tap measure with me but estimate it in the 16-18 inch range (maybe a bit smaller maybe a bit bigger).  I did not know that this section of the SNP held brown trout.  Has anybody else has this experience?  The weird thing is that brown trout came on my first cast and I did not catch another fish the entire day.  Typically, a bad day for me on that stretch of the rose river is 10-15 brookies.  I did not even see a brookie all day.  Has anybody fished this part of the Rose River recently and had a similar experience? 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/694f9fc2-a3cb-4fd7-91d6-feec512b2033%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment