Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Inflatable Paddle Board or Inflatable Kayak?

The fishing specific ones look sweet and I could definitely imagine spending an entire day on one.  If you have the budget for one, I'd highly recommend those over a kayak.  I should clarify that I went with a cheaper, non fishing specific model, and bought a few minor items to turn it into somewhat of a fishing craft - but it isn't perfect and I do tend do use it for 2-3hrs max.  But I only spent ~$600.

As far as stability, it is directly related to the surface area of the board. So if you are trying to decide between two 12' L x 36" wide boards, and one is 4.5" thick when inflated and the other is 6" thick...the 6" will be more stable.  

I've also read that the rigid boards are less durable, they can chip and crack, compared to an inflatable made of PVC which will just get shallow scratches.

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 1:13:07 PM UTC-4, Dalton Terrell wrote:
Thanks for the info and keeping the discussion going. What intrigues me about the inflatable boards is the ability to use in DC in the Summer, and keep at my in-laws in Florida through the Winter and Spring.

I've been on paddleboards a few times, but only the rigid type and not ones designed for fishing--these boards seemed stable but maybe not quite fishing all day in the Everglades stable.

Richie, keep us posted if you do a demo day--I'm sure a ton of TPFR folks would like to see and experience the Botes.

Dalton


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/290c0433-7e61-4b13-805f-6225daea2edf%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment