Wednesday, October 10, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Utah

Lane, Thanks for the link.  Yeah, Utah is pretty big. It looks like the best fishing is far away from Arches. I think i'll likely just settle for hiking and sightseeing with my sister...and watching some of the race. 

Andrew, I don't think colorado will be in the cards this time around as my sister will likely be with me for the Arches leg of the trip. As I dig deeper, it's looking like my best bet is closer to Zion, but I'm not really sure how much time i'll even have.  Ideally, there would be a stream on a hike through zion or nearby to st. George.  My searches haven't turned up much that is is doable as a quick, side excursion, so I may just enjoy spending time with family and the great outdoors

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 4:36:02 PM UTC-4, Gregg DiSalvo wrote:
Hey, I am heading to Utah next month for my wife's second 50 mile race out west.  As these take a while, it leaves me with some time to explore.  Last on she did put me right around Lake Powell which was a lot of fun.  This time around, it puts me next to Arches National Park.  I can't seem to find anything that leads me to believe there is any good fishing around, so I may just hike a bit (My sister lives in St. George and will likely drive up to accompany me).  Later in the week I will be spending some time hiking with the family around Zion and St. George area, but would love to bring a rod along if it's worthwhile.  

I know a number of you have lived out in Utah and may have some good ideas.  I would specifically be interested in some hikes that may intersect with streams (ie: I'd be able to participate in some family hikes, but slip away for an hour or two here and there).  

Cheers,

Gregg

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/5b1f2d83-0e96-4064-80b7-1c9c4187c49f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment