Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Inflatable Paddle Board or Inflatable Kayak?

Of course this e-mail comes up while I'm away in Mexico.

 

We carry BOTE boards at District Angling and I have no problem taking someone out to the Widewater or tidal creek to demo them.  I own a Rackham Aero in Verge Camo and it's pretty awesome.  A bunch of accessories make this pretty fun.

 

I use mine to fish tidal creeks and it's been a great way to access the Potomac.

 

Come by after October 28th if you're interested in checking out the BOTE boards or taking about making time to demo them.

 

Regards,

 

Richard

 

 

From: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Joel Clement <jclement6@gmail.com>
Reply-To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 8:32 AM
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Inflatable Paddle Board or Inflatable Kayak?

 

An inflatable sup is great for ponds and rivers, I have a couple of them in maine that allow me to get on the water quickly and easily...which means fishing more often. Windy conditions are pretty rough though - it's really hard to make headway or hold your position. If you're going out for stripers I recommend something burlier, or wait for calmer weather. 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 9:17 AM Tim Donaldson <timdonaldson@gmail.com> wrote:

They are definitely on the higher end of the price range, but BOTE makes some really awesome inflatable SUPs.  The Rackham is the fishing specific model, and it has all the bells and whistles you could hope for.  I've yet to paddle a SUP that large, solid or air, but I've fished off smaller SUPs in the ocean.  Once you get the balance part it becomes second nature.  I much prefer standing to sitting.  But I'd say if you were going to cover alot of water and deal with lots of wind, kayak may be the way to go.   

 

You should rent a SUP in Georgetown just to get the hang of it, although that may be tough this late in the year.  Keep in mind if you do rent that the paddles they have are usually terrible and have a flex point at the collar.  If you get a good paddle you won't have that annoyance.       

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 9:17:44 PM UTC-4, Bobby Davis wrote:

I am looking to get a water craft of some sort over the winter and, given my lack of storage space, it's gotta be an inflatable. My question to you all is should I get an SUP or a Kayak?  I feel like the kayak is slightly more versatile, but I really don't like fishing from a sitting position.  I have never fished from an SUP, but the idea of standing is enticing.   I think I would mostly use it on freshwater lakes and ponds, but it is possible that I might want to someday try and take it out on the bay for stripers in the flats.  Any input is welcome, although I'm not really interested in your favorite brand, more about the comparison between the two concepts.

 

Thanks

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/5pnCuEheljU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/b9398392-ebcc-4ca8-8339-7db780039ec0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CABT5vmQOdOYUSQ9sXHEwcmP18BJQ_kyzjEBVK7ku_kJWFHLyCg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment