Tuesday, June 19, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Fishing Report 6/16 - Little Patuxent near Savage Mill

Also, if anyone is headed down to south FL sometime and needs some recommendations for peacocks or baby tarpon, feel free to reach out. I lived in FL for most of my life and have fished there almost every summer and winter for the past five years. 

On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 1:12:30 PM UTC-4, Eric Pardo wrote:
Hi all, 

First post here so I figure I'll start with a quick report. Headed down to the Potomac to wade for smallies without considering how high the water would be. Once I figured that was out of the question - I headed back home to MD to fish a spot closer to home. Settled on the Little Patuxent near Savage Mill. This was my first time actually fishing this water so this was mostly an exploratory trip. I arrived to find plenty of other anglers fishing the area (even a fellow fly angler). I managed one small smallmouth on a chartreuse clouser  right by the old mill before I decided to head upstream and check out the rest of the area. Didn't have much luck after that, though I found plenty of holes that looked fishy. I'll definitely be back there again sometime.

Does anyone know a better point to access the river? I found plenty of decently fishable spots by the old mill, but it was fairly packed with other fisherman and people there. I suppose I'll just explore more next time. I may even bring my paddleboard and attempt to paddle downstream next time. 

Besides that, it's great to have a group of fellow fly anglers in the area! I've lived in the area for about 5 years now, but haven't really explored all of the fishing opportunities until now since I've gotten a car and graduated from college. Looking forward to sharing more experiences with you all. 

Best,

Eric

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/177b3200-af53-41d8-b217-8dcbacdbabe4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment