Monday, October 23, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Feedback on my DC Trip Itinerary?

What kind of flies do you guys recommend using in those locations (Roosevelt Island, Gravelly, and the Tidal Basin)?

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 10:06:29 AM UTC-4, alans...@gmail.com wrote:
I'm coming up to DC for a friend's wedding, and I'm planning on doing some fishing while I'm up there. I was wondering if y'all could give me some feedback on my itinerary? Also, if anybody wants to join me for a bit, please feel free to shoot me a private email!

My flight from Miami lands at DCA at 9:30 a.m. on 10/28. I was thinking I'd walk out of the airport to Gravelly Point and fish the incoming tide. After a couple hours of that, I'll walk or Uber to the Tidal Basin and start fishing that. I may get called away to have a beer with a friend. At around 4 p.m., I'll Uber into Arlington and do the whole wedding thing. After the wedding and partying and all that (maybe 1 or 2 a.m.), I'll head back to the Tidal Basin to fish it at night. At around 4 a.m., I'll Uber back to DCA to get on my 6 a.m. flight back to Miami. 

Does this make sense? Is this a doable itinerary? Anybody see any issues with it? If there's a gear question, I'll have a 9' 6wt with me, along with pre-spooled WFF and sink tip lines.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/c92355fc-1f0b-438b-aaf6-780982bd24c3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment