Thursday, October 12, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Chesapeake Fly Line

Thomas, that's kind of what I was thinking I'd do in the interim.  fairly economical.  

John, I don't know the ips of the line off the top of my head, but it's Orvis depth charge 250 gr. Sinks fairly quickly.  I used to just use the line for shad, but seems to get down nicely to the deeper lying fish in the bay.  I would be interested in an intermediate line that I could use for both the stripes in the bay and smallmouth in the rivers.  I'd use this on the 7 weight most likely, but would consider getting intermediate for the 9 as well if that's ideal in the salt.

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 11:56:30 AM UTC-4, John Smith wrote:
What sink rate is your sinking line? I fish a teeny 350 most often for clousers along with an intermediate sinking line (1.5-2.5 ips) for my bunker, mullet style patterns. Sometimes bring along a rod rigged with a floater for gurglers as you mentioned or for spoon flies if reds are in the shallows.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/fd933109-2dda-4d90-9670-3e095920813d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment