Wednesday, October 18, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Chesapeake Fly Line

I was thinking of doing same thing this weekend. Any suggestions of good places to go on the bay?

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 5:27:33 PM UTC-4, Gregg DiSalvo wrote:
Howdy.  I've been fishing some saltier water lately with moderate success. I take my 7 and 9 weights out on a kayak and fish the mouths of rivers and creeks mainly in 5-15' of water.  I usually run with full sink on the 9 and floating on the 7, but feel like I need that in between.  Do you all recommend a sink tip on the bay? OR should I stick with what I've been using with the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Im typically throwing smaller clousers/ bay anchovies, sand eels, medium half and halfs, bunker, gurglers, chuggers, Large deceivers, odd deciever/hooloweye ultrasude tails things

I also run with 3-4' of 20lb test direct to the fly line

Would love to hear what works for you all!

Gregg

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f11cec46-f98c-4d1c-a849-8a1cb168ea47%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment