Sunday, July 30, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: New Zealand South Island

Hey Greg,

Definitely willing to fill you in on my experience vancamping. Personally I think it's the best way to see the South Island. My gf and I did a couple nights at Airbnbs as well to do laundry or just have space to relax. Almost all of the kiwis we met were super friendly and our airbnbs were perfect for our needs. 

My girlfriend is a near novice in regards to fly-fishing so Casey spent alot of time working with her and she improved alot as the day went on. Just let him know what both of your guy's levels of experience are. 

I'll bring the book to the next beer tie and see you there.

Tight lines,

Andrew R

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 8:54:57 AM UTC-4, Gregg DiSalvo wrote:
Evan, that's too bad that you didn't do too much fishing.  My dad has the same regrets, but that's what a followup trip is for!  Hope you guys do the same for your honeymoon!  Thank you for the website, I've enjoyed my initial brush over and can't wait to look at it side by side with driving itinerary!  I can hear it now, "Oh, my stomach hurts. give me 30 minutes to calm i down and my fly rod....Oh, we've been driving too long, lets take a quick trout hike....to stretch the legs.  Oh you are tired?  Take a nap, i'll fish"

Andrew, I am excited to hear you did a van camping trip!  I would love to pick your brain on not just fishing, but the trip in general!  We are planning on flying into Queenstown, so Casey may be on the clock shortly.  Do you think he would be good with a beginner who really only has roll casting down?

I'll definitely be at the next beer tie and would love to chat and take you up on that book offer!

Thanks!!

Gregg

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:32:18 AM UTC-4, Greggory DiSalvo wrote:

Okay Folks, So I am in the early stages of planning a South Island Honeymoon in December and of course would like to do a little fishing.  Of course I'd love this trip to be only fishing with helicopters, backpacking, and camping, but as this is a honeymoon with somebody who only humors my addiction, I'd probably only do a one day guide and recreation DIY on the side of the road.  We are doing a camper van and driving around with no destinations set in stone yet, so any recommendations would be great.  

Also, as much as I like catching, I actually enjoy seeing her catch fish more. I know NZ is pretty technical and she is very much a beginner, but if there are any recommendations for place and guides that specialize in the beginner, that would be great.  After all, the Trouts rec in Colorado was great for that and she scored the fish of the day!

Thanks guys,

Gregg

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/48695670-5644-4c18-b526-a9e556e35c66%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment