Wednesday, July 19, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Kayak recomendations

I would take a look at Ocean Kayak Prowlers. I know that you didn't mention Saltwater at all within any of your post but honestly, OK prowlers are great boats for all environments. I have done numerous float trips in mine as well as taken it to fletchers a few times so it fits the bill for everything suggested. 

It's also a light boat and is 100% sea worthy if you ever hit the coast. I got my OK prowler around 2007 or 2008 and it's still going strong. The only downside to a prowler is that at times, it can be a bit tougher to stand in. That being said, I can't think of a single situation in the mid Atlantic region in which you would be required to stand up to cast to a fish.

I did end up getting another kayak last year -- an old town predator. I hated it. I ended up trading it with a buddy for an ATAK (which I like a lot more) but it's a much heavier boat and not the cheapest one. My biggest complaint with the predator was that it paddled terribly, would often get caught in wind and at times felt like I was taking the local tugboat out for a paddle. 


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/e747811d-4ad7-480c-b0a0-3c6f77fe4de0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment