Monday, September 29, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Striped bass between Occoquan and 301

I fished the Occoquan today.  The conditions were right; for a while.  After about 2 it was like the water was shut off and the water was barely flowing.  It was a bit odd.

None the less..IT HAS BEGUN!

First fish of the day was close to 24" and it fought well.  The hit about ripped the rod out of my hands and it took off.  It took a little of line off of the reel. 

While the water was flowing I caught 4 fish.  This was from around 1:15 to 2.  I also had a few hook-ups where I lost the fish (at least 4). 

I noticed that the quality of the fish that I was landing was better than the ones I caught last year.  They were MUCH fatter.  Even the smaller schoolies were heavy. 

Another thing I noticed is that the bait is starting to bunch up in the back of the river.  If the water if flowing tomorrow I will go again, two hours after high tide.  The conditions are right so, when there is current, it has the potential to be awesome!


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/68e9f9a7-8601-40bf-b529-a375cc521fc1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment