Thursday, September 18, 2014

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: trout beads vs egg flies

I've used them on occasion with mixed results. For salmon and steel I found them similar to eggs and estaz. However, 1 time I took a guided trip in idaho and landed over 50 trout in 8'hours mostly using beads. That is about 3 times my previous best day ever! All but 2 fish were hooked right in the front of the mouth/jaw but it was usually on the outside as stated previously. I've accidentally foul hooked a fish by nymphing before so I didn't notice an increase in true foul hooking of fish. I personally don't see a difference in hooking the outside jaw or inside jaw with a sharp hook and dragging a fish away from its home. But to each their own. Many of these fish are purposely stocked for the purpose of catching, generating tourism income, gear purchases, etc. I realize this truth even though I have never kept a fish in my life.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/47f462ca-517a-47b4-85dd-01c5b22e50c8%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment