Thursday, September 18, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Bluegill spots other than FMR?

Bull Run is fishing great for Bluegill and other small fish.  I'm still new to fly fishing and wanted to work on my casting, so I went to Bull Run today targeting the Bluegill.  I normally fish Hemlock but today I parked at the lot off of route 28 at the Prince William/Fairfax boarder and fished down stream.  The water is clear and low but I found them around fallen trees in the deeper pools along outside bends.  I had non stop action from about 2-4 today on a hopper dropper rig.  At one point I caught 4 different species on 4 consecutive casts, smallmouth, punkin'seed, bluegill, and largemouth. Picture is typical of what I caught today with the hopper dropper, none of the fish had any size but I got some good practice and had a good time.

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 6:33:44 PM UTC-4, Lyle Perkinson wrote:
I'm looking for a good bluegill/bream spot to take a beginner. I've got a small boat(13' Gheenoe). My go to spot for taking kids and beginners has always been the bay down river of the haul path at Dyke Marsh. This is the first Fall I've seen it completely fill up with hydrilla...there's not even a small channel in the center. Any suggestions for a good spot for mid-Sept bluegills would greatly appreciated.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/625462ca-7daa-4429-847d-f2f851145c15%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment