Thursday, September 18, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Dingle Johnson fly pattern

I've had a few PMs asking how to fish it -- I prefer a downstream swing, with mends to control the speed of the drift.  

The "Swinging Dingle" is what I call it.

Gene

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:02:37 AM UTC-4, Abe Ogden wrote:
I have all of these things! And two-months of experience to boot. Here I thought I was just completely screwing up every damn pattern I tried when I should have just been naming all these "new" flies after myself.

Lesson learned.

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:20:27 AM UTC-4, TurbineBlade wrote:
Per the recent thread about swimming in the tank at Cabela's, I present the Dingle Johnson.  

It might look like a beadhead PT nymph with a "hot spot" collar and a generous CDC wrap...but don't confuse it with a frenchie or a CDC PT nymph.  

Mine clearly has a shorter tail.  

Since I "know" this stuff now, here are the things you need to name a new, creative fly pattern after yourself:

1.  Arrogance
2.  Charlie Craven's Basic fly tying book
3.  Iced coffee
4.  A t-shirt (you should wear a shirt when tying, we aren't savages)

Gene




--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/2c9e8482-18cf-469a-8322-940750bdb0ce%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment