Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: GP Fishing Report 10_29_2013

Nothing good ever happens after midnight......

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:15:00 PM UTC-4, Trent Jones wrote:

I hit GP for about an hour this morning from maybe 6:45-7:45. It was a gorgeous morning and a lot colder than I expected. I found fellow TPFR member Remick and two other anglers had beat me to the water. As I debated if I should just watch these three fish or pop over to the Duck Pond…which has still been producing Largemouth Bass as of last Monday, an opening came as one of the three had to report to work. I popped in and picked off about a half dozen schoolies in the 12"-16" class  over the next hour. The Bigger fish were in the heaviest water and deep. I used a 250gr sinking line with 4ft of 0x, and some size 2 clousers I tied with Steve Farrars flash blend material. Pretty slow morning as far as GP goes, but not a bad stop before opening up the shop. If you get up early to fish it, you may want a backup plan as it tends to get crowded at Gravelly Point this time of year. Maybe look to the Pentagon Marina outflow, or Rock Creek where it hits the Potomac. I haven't hit either as of late but they have produced for me in the past during this time of year. Maybe try the Duck Pond as well, I pulled about 15 LM bass out last Monday morning…mostly small ones but a few pushing 14''-15"…get out and get your fishing in while we have the nice weather!

-T.Jones

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7932e4d8-a0ac-4f2d-98cf-518bb50d81f7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment