Thursday, October 31, 2013

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} GP Fishing Report 10_29_2013

Nice!  I caught my first fly rod fish at GP as well with Rob....just over a year ago now I believe.  I've only gone back once, and just got a needlefish and something else....don't remember.  

So GP is always a neat spot to me, if for no other reason.  

Most of the success I've had since then I can attribute to a really great deal I made with Satan several months ago.  Well, he said he was Satan anyway.  

Gene

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:55:49 AM UTC-4, Steve F wrote:
That's a lot of firsts, congrats on the milestone!  Two years ago about this time I did the same.  

I've had luck in the past at night on those olive over white clousers tied with a fair amount of copper flash.  If there's anything I've learned, don't be afraid of going BIG when fishing for stripers. Even the little guys will absolutely slam a 3.5 or 4" clouser and there's a better chance of moving the big guys if they're lurking in the deeper holes. 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f37f935e-d82b-4700-81d4-176e8b7b85e2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment