Friday, October 25, 2013

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Missouri/Bitterroot Rivers Report/Pics

I just commissioned a friend to make me a pair of Wrist Warmers. They'll keep my paws warm but leave my fingers free to fish. This is a generic internets image of a pair. My nails are nicer.

 

 
Rob Snowhite



From: Matthew Longley <matthew.longley@gmail.com>
To: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 2:15 PM
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Missouri/Bitterroot Rivers Report/Pics

What effect does WD-40 have on fly line?  I'm completely speculating, but I'd be worried about it eating away at my gear.

Winter tip - try wearing a glove on only one hand, and switching back and forth.  Warmer than not wearing gloves, but lets you always have one hand with a feel on the line.  I've made it 5+ hours on freezing days doing this, where without gloves I'd be done in 45 minutes.

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:03:58 PM UTC-4, Nick F - Gaucho Fly wrote:
De-ice with WD40. Works really well
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/594b3c54-5741-40f1-a638-e2f5939bf3e4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


No comments:

Post a Comment