Wednesday, June 26, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: New Reel Recommendation

I have a Hydros for my 8wt - I have no complaints with it.  Solid reel (and if you get one before the end of the month, you get a $50 discount).  The other two reels are just as good.  It all really boils down to whether you like the aesthetics for the price.  Heck - just loosen up the drag all the way and palm the runner!

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 9:44:16 AM UTC-4, Eric Y. wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions on a new reel? The drag on my old Ross gave up the ghost this past weekend and I need something to cover a few rods now seeing as my spools are not compatible with new Ross models. I will be putting it on a single-hand 8 and 9wt, and 6wt switch. Because I'll need two additional spools, I would prefer to keep the reel price around (or, under) $200. I'll be using it in salt water some, but mostly fresh water. Disc drag is non-negotiable, but I'm open to any brand. So far, I've been looking at some of the Redington and Albright reels, but I really only started perusing this morning. Tall order, I know, but someone here probably has some good ideas and advice.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/9b578a1d-8b0c-4d1b-9b73-ec6643f7213b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment