Monday, April 19, 2021

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Fletchers Cove - Sun AM

Hi Sean,

That's me! I was throwing a basic chartreuse shad dart that I picked up from District Angling all morning. I would have tried black first since the water was pretty murky, but I didn't have any, and it obviously didn't matter. 

I was also using a full sink line (275gr) with a short leader—2ft of 20lb mono and 2 feet of 10lb tippet. I was trying to get as deep as possible so I had a split shot halfway down my leader and was letting my line sink for a good 8-15 seconds before stripping. 

Past weekends the shad were hitting for me on super fast strips, but yesterday it seemed like they were hitting the dart on the pause and drop. Unfortunately, I didn't find any Americans, but the Hickories made for a fun morning

The fiancée comes in handy when the net's out of reach (honestly I appreciate that she's even willing to come before sunrise at all) haha!

Hope that helps and always feel free to shout if you see me out there again!

Daniel 

From: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Sean Steele <SSteele@infolock.com>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 3:27:27 PM
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Fletchers Cove - Sun AM
 
Young gent in background of photo was absolutely slaying shad all morning. Anyone recognize him?

Blue jacket and baseball hat, used a stripping basket, had his wife/GF in the rowboat but she was asleep 95% of the morning. 

I want to know what he was throwing.

-Sean


______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/MN2PR13MB28299D1959FB83B975874CFECD499%40MN2PR13MB2829.namprd13.prod.outlook.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment