Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Tidal Potomac & Shenandoah Flies

Miles - those are amazing! Well done!

—Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2020, at 8:35 PM, 'Miles' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> wrote:


I haven't had much time to fish, so I haven't had much reason to tie flies, but instead I took to drawing/painting flies when I get the chance. This is like my 5th or 6th attempt. I'm getting closer, I think, but this one turned out well enough to share. I'm using watercolor pencils.

I used a plate of bass flies from the Mary Orvis Marbury book for inspiration, but decided it would be cooler if it showed flies I actually fish. For my money, these six flies pretty well cover the area. Whoever did the art in Marbury's book had it easy; Flashabou is a right bastard to draw/paint.

Next I want to do a set of six to eight for the park. I have Mr. Rapidan and a Little Yellow Stonefly. What else should be on there?

-Miles

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/c954e303-5d76-46b4-9bd3-887a29791651o%40googlegroups.com.
<TPFRFlies.jpg>

No comments:

Post a Comment