Friday, May 22, 2020

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Best Flies?

Okay, so I tie a lot of variations on existing patterns so some of my favorites are conglomerations. 

Trout: Like Andrew, I primarily fish a bugger or double bugger if going streamer, my favorite trout dry is the Mr. Rapidan (easy to see)

Bass: Popping Bug up top, crawfish imitation below (my go to is a bugger variation with claws, but I've been experimenting with some other patterns of late)

Striper: Flattail 

Shad: chartreuse...anything chartreuse

Pickerel: Bulkhead deceiver

Musky: Gamechanger (bc it's the only fly I've caught one on)

Snakehead: Fugly Frog 

Most Gratifying Tie: Dahlberg Diver

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 7:57:54 AM UTC-4, Alexander Hicks wrote:
Hey guys,  
     Just wanted to throw out my three go to flies that I always keep in my fly box.  Which flies do you keep in your boxes at all times?

Tight Lines,
     Hicks

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7b7e4f61-fc20-46fd-8923-b1c17f272e24%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment