Thursday, May 14, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Best Flies?

Oh and for carp I always carry a Hybrid. 

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 3:56:39 PM UTC-4, tperkins wrote:
I'll attest to the damsel, I've caught my PB large mouth on it, and with only slight variation (swapping out the hook) landed a bone fish on one, and had several bites. It is also my go to shad dropper fly. 

I love tying and fishing deceivers for saltwater and pickerel and bass. 

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 2:59:01 PM UTC-4, Rob wrote:
I don't go anywhere with out my damsel. Fresh or salt. Warm or cold water. It catches everything and anything I target. 



Sent from my iPhone

On May 14, 2020, at 1:54 PM, Andrew Sarcinello <andy...@gmail.com> wrote:


For trout, there are few days where a #8 olive conehead woolly bugger won't get the job done. Some days, dries are way more fun and productive though. But I can't distill my favorite dries down to a 3-fly list. Another trout fly I never leave home without is a golden stonefly nymph. If heading to a spring creek, I'll swap the stoneflies out for scud patterns.

For multi-species in moving water, it's hard to beat the classic clouser minnow - boring choice, but I can't say I've found a better fly.

In still or shallow water, I like a murdich minnow above all else for bass, pickerel, and schoolies.



On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 11:47:02 AM UTC-4, Jamie Carracher wrote:
I can't disagree with your list! If it's summertime, I've definitely got some foam ants and gurglers in my box. 

I don't tie them, but I caught a big snakehead on a yellow boogle bug last summer, so I'll probably have some of those, too. I'm a simple man--top water is where I get the most joy.


On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 7:57:54 AM UTC-4, Alexander Hicks wrote:
Hey guys,  
     Just wanted to throw out my three go to flies that I always keep in my fly box.  Which flies do you keep in your boxes at all times?

Tight Lines,
     Hicks

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7a6457aa-eb1a-4859-a106-d5988ddb76cc%40googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ca44cf38-37b2-4b51-a89e-00e530ed49e2%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment