Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Watercraft for apartment dwellers

Yea, my comments were only aimed at inflatable kayaks and boards. If I was in the market for a non inflatable board or kayak I would look sit on top kayaks that you can also stand up in easily or a bote board or other fishing specific board. My current kayak, Tarpon 120 doesn't allow me to stand (also no place to store it) but Gregg D. has a kayak he can stand in and I think that is the best of both worlds.  



On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 11:51:05 AM UTC-4, Charlie Church wrote:
I think SUP vs Kayak is really dependent on the use case. I have seen some inflatable SUPs that are really easy to transport. The BOTE inflatable stands out to me. We auctioned one off at an event last year and you could easily carry it one handed while fully inflated. You can't really do that with a kayak.

SUP Pros:
- You can stand
- Not sitting all day
- Easier to transport

Kayak Pros: 
- A good kayak can most situations IE: wind, chop, current, swell, structure, or anything that would make paddling difficult.
- More storage
- Peddle if you have the $$$$$

I personally own two kayaks as well as a gheenoe lt25. I still take the kayaks out when I go out for a quick trip or need to be able to handle a little bit more chop. 

If anyone ever needs non-inflatable kayak recommends, I can say which to get and which to avoid. I had one reputable brand's kayak sink on me due to their plastic not being that great and the response I got from them caused me to never touch another one of their products again.


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/9f40e22d-571c-4643-83d4-11f08a163a5a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment