Monday, May 14, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Snakehead

No rhyme, no reason. I've only caught two, both in the same location, both on topwater flies. The only thing that I can say (without a whole lot of certainty) is that you'll only catch them if they don't know you're there. Once they know you're there, they're not going to eat. They may stick around and come up near you to breathe (or just to taunt), but they won't eat.

The first one I got was a total fluke. I was on shore, fishing some weeds for bass and happened to get lucky. The second one (which was only a juvenile and probably didn't know better) I caught while wading, but only after staying very still in the same spot for a long time and making a very long cast. 

Good luck! In my experience, they are not easy to fool. Let us know what you learn!

—Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On May 14, 2018, at 3:42 PM, Gregg DiSalvo <grdisalvo@gmail.com> wrote:


<Auto Generated Inline Image 1>
3:41 PM (less than a minute ago)
Hi all, I have been fishing in new places lately and one such place is know for snakehead.  I have seen the snaggers out in force as of late but have not spotted any snakehead myself.  I'd like to try to target them on the fly and have been focusing my attention around mid day, falling tide.   The weeds are not in thick yet, so I've been looking around docks and rocks.  

Those of you that have had success with these fish. have you noticed any specific times of days, tides, types of days to have consistencies in spotting/catching fish?

Thanks,


-An angler who has yet to be slimed

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ba91786d-5e77-462a-a3e7-99208beb4406%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
<Auto Generated Inline Image 1>

No comments:

Post a Comment