Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Gravelly Point

Thanks! I've got wf floater and a 6 and 2 4 wgt's, one of which is a tight quarters shorty for brookies. Fun stuff, but tangly and tiring.😀

It's just been a bad year for me with some family illnesses and a separation so I'm really running on a shoestring. Next year I'll just buy a full sink 

Sent from my iPhone

On May 15, 2018, at 3:11 PM, 'Lane Thurgood' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> wrote:

You have made me rewind my life about 35 years.  Low tech cheap way?  When I was a teenager and trout were deep in a lake and we were fishing from float tubes, I wrapped part of a wire clothes hanger around the tip of my fly line.  Awful.  Atrocious.  Terrible.  Presentation was explosive and casting was downright dangerous.  But it sank and I caught fish.

That is low tech and cheap.  I would also NOT recommend it.

I would miss a few coffees and buy a decent line for the shad run and the Bay.  But if you are asking for Gravelly and really for most of the river outside of the shad season, I think you can get away with a floater.

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 10:29:08 PM UTC-4, John Hammill wrote:
Thanks Mike. Another question. Is there any low tech cheap way to make the line sink other than buying $100 300-380 sink line? I'm on a very strict budget. If presentation doesn't really matter, can I just crimp a big weight in the end or beginning of the leader?



--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/e2691522-0f1b-42ec-a995-bede1010fe40%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment