Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Snakehead

What are you guys using for flies to catch snakehead: any pics to share, what size hook?  What is your leader set up? Do you guys use the Bankok braided leader?
Thx
Alex


From: <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Sean Beck <seanmckaybeck@gmail.com>
Reply-To: <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 1:28 PM
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Snakehead

The two I've caught on the fly have required very hard strip sets. Like, really really hard. Bony mouths make it tough.

On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11:17:04 AM UTC-4, Rex Moore wrote:
What's the proper way to set the hook for snakeheads?

Hook setting has been sort of mysterious to me. I watch bass anglers on TV feel the take, wait literally two seconds, then... yank! I don't understand why that amount of waiting is helpful because I assume the fish will spit it out by then.

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 10:08 AM Gregg DiSalvo <grdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Story of my life...


On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 8:39:06 AM UTC-4, tperkins wrote:


On Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 7:59:57 AM UTC-4, Gregg DiSalvo wrote:
I had some success last weekend targeting the snakeheads. Of course my hook setting left a lot to be desired as I had a2 good sighted snakehead takes and a couple other takes that could have been snakehead.  I let my nerves get the best of me, but I will hopefully be a bit more dialed in next time.


On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 3:42:14 PM UTC-4, Gregg DiSalvo wrote:

3:41 PM (less than a minute ago)
Hi all, I have been fishing in new places lately and one such place is know for snakehead.  I have seen the snaggers out in force as of late but have not spotted any snakehead myself.  I'd like to try to target them on the fly and have been focusing my attention around mid day, falling tide.   The weeds are not in thick yet, so I've been looking around docks and rocks.  

Those of you that have had success with these fish. have you noticed any specific times of days, tides, types of days to have consistencies in spotting/catching fish?

Thanks,


-An angler who has yet to be slimed

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/7843e9d3-698e-4e44-9ddf-5ac3a489e957%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/2f6838b8-549c-4b93-ab83-f3ccac38aad1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment