Monday, February 12, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Abridged summary of tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

Eric and Jim,

It's a plan as far as I'm concerned.     If you would like to make it a multi day trip, we could car camp/share a camp site together at one of these places.  Anyone have suggestions on camping....Here are the local camping grounds I was able to find.  I'll be using one of them regardless as I intend to stay a few days..

 https://www.google.com/maps/place/McClintic+Point+Primitive+Campground/@38.0881099,-79.9316171,11.5z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sCamping!3m4!1s0x0:0xb761fbc30eb66998!8m2!3d38.014014!4d-79.9200574

I am thinking of wading and bank fishing...however, I do have a kayak...  Note sure what water conditions to expect in the Spring there..

Lets agree on a month to go, I assume March or April, and narrow it down to a date to arrive there... I am retired so I can go anytime unless there is a conflict with my obligations to a flying club I am in...we have a duty roster... I'll know if I have duty for 1 weekend day during those months soon...

Would appreciate any ideas from anyone that has fished the Jackson before..

Regards,,

Mike Vance








On Sunday, February 11, 2018, 6:16:01 AM EST, <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> wrote:


Bamboo Ed <ehougen@gmail.com>: Feb 10 04:12AM -0800

I've been thinking about going down there if you want to team up. I think you can fish below the dam without issues.
 
Eric
...more
Yambag Nelson <northstreetwreckingcrew@gmail.com>: Feb 10 06:20AM -0800

Be careful how far below as you will probably have issues.
 
On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 7:12:21 AM UTC-5, Bamboo Ed wrote:
...more
MikeV <michael_virginia@yahoo.com>: Feb 10 08:00AM -0800

Sounds good to me, lets do that Eric....any others interested?
 
What would be the best time to hit the Jackson...How about the Rapidan?
 
I've never fished for trout in Virginia, though I have ...more
abbie mcmullen <abbie.mcmullen@gmail.com>: Feb 10 05:24AM -0800

I have a question for the other ladies in the group! What are your waders of choice? Do you normally have to go up a size to accommodate winter layering? Thanks!
...more
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment