Friday, September 30, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Thoughts on an affordable 9 wt. 9- 10ft rod setup.

Love my TFO BVK 9foot 9wt paired with a TFO 375 (which I paid way too much for but it is a very nice reel).



On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:17:37 AM UTC-4, alan burrows wrote:
I looked at West Yellowstone Anglers 8 weight shoot out and assumed if it was good at an 8 weight it was good at 10 (what I was shopping for).  The clear affordable winner was TFO BVK.  I found a used one on eBay for <$200.  I then did what Richard F  suggested and put a new line on my 7 weight spey reel.  Much less expensive than a new reel

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 12:25:43 AM UTC-4, Aaron O wrote:
So I've been trying to do more surf fishing and I'm concerned my 7wt. Orvis Clearwater is just not enough for Long Island, Virginia Beach and possibly the Salmon river.  Thinking about getting a 9 wt. setup but since I would only use it a couple times a year,  I want to keep it as economical as possible.  Thoughts or suggestions?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/fb9c66e8-65f3-4cba-af8f-9aeddaa8633c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment