Friday, March 25, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Shad: Are we there yet?

NICE!! Not that easy to land shad on a 5 wt.  Hoping to get my first of the year later today.

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 8:37:07 AM UTC-4, Forrest Allen wrote:
I made my first Fletchers outing of the year yesterday after work. I fished the incoming tide for about an hour/hour and a half, and hooked into my first few shad of the year! I use my 5 weight out there, which makes casting tough, and catching extra fun. I managed to bring in 5, and missed a few sets and lost a couple of flies. So the fishing isnt hot, but its certainly heating up. There were a handful of folks out there but I only saw one other person with a spin reel actually catch a few. 

One comment on the flies. Do most of you use the shad darts? That's what I typically use, but I was thinking of using the clouser more this year for better chances of hooking other species too. I caught shad on both the dart and the clouser yesterday (unsurprisingly). 

I took a couple of pictures that I think the group will appreciate! 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f71023e3-f413-4956-aedb-db01cbb7e12a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment