Wednesday, September 30, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Strike Indicator Recommendations?

Funny to see craft foam mentioned -- heck, you might as well just tie one of those RSW foam beetles double-stacked and have a duo rig.  That's my favorite nymphing.  Actually, that's my favorite dry fly period.  That thing catches fish all over the country -- I can't imagine why I'd use anything else for pocket water fishing honestly. 

For deeper nymphing and will more weight to get down in current, I use thingamabobbers usually (unless they all fell out of my pack in the truck).  Beth had the metal "eye" on one cut her leader on a monster rainbow several weeks ago and now has a mostly "hate" relationship with them. 

I haven't run into any scenarios where I need a delicate indicator where a foam dry wouldn't accomplish what I need.  Maybe I will though --

Gene 

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 8:24:17 AM UTC-4, namfos wrote:
You can do the same thing with polypropylene yarn used for wing posts or spinner wings and egg patterns - the stuff comes in a gazillion colors and it floats.

Mark

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/1f5d1acd-3526-4786-ad6e-052b7a67fed4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment