Monday, September 28, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Bull Run fishing report?

Since this came up, I should add that Dan Davala was really tight-lipped about this secret spot for a good.... 9 seconds when I was speaking with him a few years ago as a newbie fly fisherman looking for a bluegill/practice place. 

It's a great place for learning, and just for having fun if I don't want to drive far.  Kuddos to Dan for telling me about it, and also (probably) tipping the other 90% of people on here about it who use this forum as a "read-only" document. 

Gene

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 10:15:35 AM UTC-4, TurbineBlade wrote:
Wait, that didn't make sense.  I don't have any golf balls to lose, I just meant that it's a good place to go to get golf balls. 

I don't golf, because I don't enjoy doing stuff that sucks

Gene

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 10:14:13 AM UTC-4, TurbineBlade wrote:
I was there for a few hours Friday - it's low and fun man!  You can reach more water downstream and I got into a couple of little largemouth in addition to the usual sunfish.  I like to go there when I really have a hankerin' to hear gunfire and run out of golf balls. 

A teeny BS-100 is a great sink line for swinging/stripping through that chest-deep water down there.  I enjoying having it last time.  I tried it at 4MR and it's great too when you're near high tide, but kind of a liability at low tide (you drag and bump and dull hook points too much). 

BTW -- 4MR is full of golf balls right now too.  Man I love golf, if those suckers didn't have golf they'd be in waders I imagine ;). 

Gene

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 10:09:10 AM UTC-4, alexjmc...@gmail.com wrote:
Hey all, 

Has anyone fished Bull Run lately?  How is it fishing?   I was thinking about hitting it this afternoon.  

thanks 
alex

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/73ee04e3-faef-4b28-b85a-8a7f6cdd6919%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment