Sunday, September 20, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: No more skunk monkey

Nice Mark -- that picture in the left column illustrates something I fear doing now, which is deep wading ;).  I was thinking the river was pretty low and probably would be good to fish.  

BTW -- I still owe you a beer.  I had to miss last tie to help Beth....but we'll make the next one hopefully.

Gene

On Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 11:28:17 AM UTC-4, namfos wrote:
Marek Rich and I (the Hobart guys) went out out Friday to Weverton on TPFR's namesake.  I practiced flyfishing insanity by doing the same thing over and over again expecting things to turn our differently: casting a Betts popper on a bright sunny day. I caught smallies, not a lot of them nor very big ones but every single one was fun, and it enabled me to break my uninterrupted streak of home water skunkings that WAS 2015. 


FWIW, air temp was close to 90F, water temp was 72F according to the fishing thermometer I found (and added to my gear). All around an excellent day with excellent company. Just two things might have made it better: overcast skies and the balance of a gymnast....;-)


Mark

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/5449017d-e551-434d-9fba-c5b3945fc64e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment