Wednesday, February 11, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Lost Net - Mossy Creek / White Oak Canyon/Rapidan Trip

BTW -- if anyone wants to get together and pull some case-makers out of their cases for fun, just let me know.  It's sort of the aquatic version of burning ants with a lens.  

I've also purchased a stomach pump, not because I want to learn anything about what the fish are eating, but because I want to make all the fish barf.  

Gene

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 6:58:50 AM UTC-5, TurbineBlade wrote:
Connor - when we were in the park several weeks ago there were small (actually *medium) caddisflies that I thought were the usual "little black stones" people go on about at first glance.  We didn't have much luck fishing, but the place was litttered with caddis (case makers) all OVER rocks, and the water was so cold my hands nearly burned off.  

I put a couple of the adults into my fly box and they matched a #14 EHC dry pretty well.  I'm sure some trout, bug person will confirm how normal this is but I didn't expect to see adult caddis I guess.  

I probably have a picture I could dig up later if I think about it.  

Gene

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 6:50:02 PM UTC-5, Connor Donovan wrote:
TPFR-er's

It seems that I lost my net this past Saturday fishing Mossy.  Of course its the one thing I carry without my name and cell phone number written somewhere on it. 

Its an 18 inch Frabil trout net with a tape measure, half a magnet keeper, and a gopro mount (sans gopro).  I'll reward the finder of said net with a firm handshake and gift of fine American whiskey or flies, you're choice.

Attached is a photo of said net for reference.  Apparently the brown trout I was cupping half a second before the shot had other plans.

Also, a fellow TPFR'er and I hiked White Oak Canyon from the bottom-up on Sunday and caught some nice fish.  Then went to the Rapidan at Graves Mill and caught some more nice fish.  At both places we witnessed a lot of bug activity including some black stoneflies, probably sized 14 or 16.  I highly recommend the White Oak hike - those waterfalls are gorgeous.  And so are the fish.

Thanks in advance (hopefully),

Connor


 


 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/be67e458-bd9c-4918-b8e4-3afd5f94b03f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment