Monday, February 9, 2015

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Think this is a redear?

Yeah, like Thomas said, the outfall didn't produce anything for us yesterday. We had all of our success stalking the north bank casting under the trees. Here are a few photos. 








--Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 9, 2015, at 12:37 PM, tperkins <thomas.perkins1@gmail.com> wrote:


Out fall did not produce at all for me. I didn't check out the bike! I guess I should have. I wandered only a bit down from the outfall but found a few huge schools of bass and sunfish. It was great, caught a few chunky bluegills. Lane- I love sunfish they put up such a great fight!

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 12:33:38 PM UTC-5, Lane Thurgood wrote:
Nope.  I was not wading.  I had to work until 4, but in light of the warm temps I moseyed over to take a look figuring a late start was better than no start at all.  At 4, there were lots of people there.  Two were just wrapping up fishing right at the outflow (spin rods) and more than half a dozen wading over the quarter mile below that (most with fly rods).  Although I walked and scouted all the way up to the outflow, I fished much closer to the bridge than the outflow.  I know not everybody gets into sunfish, but I had some serious v-wakes of chunky bluegill vectoring in on that foam spider.  Only fished for a bit more than 30 minutes, but was happy to get that brief break in those unseasonably warm temps for February. 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/2f3ac85f-f8aa-45d9-b0c4-040c87d5f113%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment