Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} East Slope Brookies

I've been fishing the east slope streams of Shenandoah National Park steady all winter.  In the past two weeks I've fished the Rapidan, Rose, Cedar Run, White Oak Canyon, and Hazel.  Caught fish on all of them.  If anyone is sitting home with cabin fever and winter blues, get out to the park, the fish are biting.  Sunday I fished the Rapidan and hiked up to Camp Hoover.  It was pretty cool to fish in pools that President Hoover, Charles Lindburg, and the British Prime Minister fished in together.  TurbinBlade I ran in to your soul at Camp Hoover, it's ready to be picked up and go fishing. 

On a negative note, I broke a leaf spring on that damn road in the Rapidan Wildlife Management Area.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  On one hand I wish they would maintain it so I wouldn't break leaf springs, then on the other hand the road keeps allot of the pressure off the fish.  You have to be a die-hard to want to go up there.

Here's a few pictures, and if you didn't know, there's no place better to enjoy a bacon sandwich than the bottom of a frozen waterfall.



--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3303e380-c9e9-46c7-9d1c-033105df6cba%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment