Friday, July 26, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Tough Day

I've seen rabbit pelts, usually white or natural, at some of the hobby and craft stores, i.e. Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. but inventory varies by store. Might be worth calling the store(s).

Mark

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:13:16 PM UTC-4, HeaveToo wrote:
I am only a foot deep.  I tie it with wire rapped around the hook, then rabbit hair. 

Only place I know to buy the rabbit pelt is from Murray's Fly Shop.


On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:33:49 PM UTC-4, HeaveToo wrote:
A tough day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

That being said, I did a little fishing at Riverbend today.  I took the Kayak out and did some fish.

The water is high and stained.  It is flowing pretty good as well.  I managed to pick up one smallmouth just after I had stopped paddling up river (I paddled a long way too).  I caught a few blue gill as well.

The smallmouth was on a Shenk's White Streamer.  It was predictable because I found some current right beside a weed bed.  I tried a lot of other flies but no one wanted to play.

This year the weed beds aren't getting established like they did last year.  This is probably because the river has been higher and stained more this year.  I hope that they establish soon because this makes for some great fishing.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/9f9eeeaf-a335-4e0a-bafd-10dd543f26e3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment