Monday, January 28, 2013

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Rapdian Access

I came in up from the bottom when I did a guided trip, but not particularly sure what road since my guide drove. You can use a regular car (saw some up there), but I really have no idea how they got there without ripping out their oil pans. I'd just take the truck to be safe. The roads will depend on how bad the winter was up there, plus when they re-grade it. The guide (who was a backcountry ranger for that area) said it'll either be early this or next spring when they do it based on the current conditions. 


On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Frank C <alinermd@gmail.com> wrote:
I go to Banco,VA take Quaker Run road to the end, then continue up the gravel road  to the end.  At the end is a gate that marks the boundary of the Shenandoah National park.  If you hiked from that point you could walk to Hoover's Trout Camp.  Plenty of good river access and parking areas along the entire trip.  I have seen regular cars make the trip.  Go very slow.  You would be better off with the Truck.  Good place to fish with a partner

Frank

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:40:46 PM UTC-5, Eric Y. wrote:
Hey fellas,

I've been itching for more trout in my weekends than the few times I've made it down to the Jackson and Holston this year. I've been looking at the Rapidan on here and it seems like a good bet when the air temp rises a bit. Can anyone give me a bit of direction on how to best access the good-fishing portions? Is there a mile marker I should lookout for on Skyline, or I access it from the east side/bottom? Also, if I do go in from the WMA side, will my Prius make it in there, or should I take the truck? Obviously, I prefer the Prius for cost-effectiveness. 

Thanks!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/Lba4XZBVCO4J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment