Thursday, November 12, 2020

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Rainy Day Cats

I snuck out for a few hours yesterday to fish the moving tide. I planned on fishing dusk in the rain for stripers on the outgoing tide but changed my mind to daytime incoming. I fished alone and was able to fish without a mask for the first time in months. 

In two hours I only got two bites. Both blue cats. They were fun but mostly dead weight but bent my rod like a horseshoe. Didn't pull too much, bulldogged along the bottom. First fish was on a size 4 B10S Clouser. Second cat was on a size 2 and 4 articulated streamer with a curly ultra suede tail. I did not find any stripers.

I'm a big fan of my Risenfly 6wt. I caught a big steelhead on Xmas with it last year. The rod is graphite but looks and feels like glass. 

With the lack of visibility driving home in the daylight I'm glad I didn't venture out at night. 

Rob Snowhite
 

No comments:

Post a Comment