Monday, September 14, 2020

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Next rod

an 8 wt is a great rod to have - steelhead, saltwater (except big stuff like tarpon), and big rivers - also good if you throw big bass bugs or heavy streamers on a sinking line in lakes. I have a 10 foot that I like for nymphing and when I'm in my kayak, but the 9 foot length should be fine on a general purpose basis.

Orvis has good rods (I have 3),but my favorite has become Echo 4 piece rods - good action, less expensive, faster fix time.Great selection of reels depending on what you want to spend and pursue (high end drag system can ratchet up the price).


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/63aa0b95-fdea-467c-aa92-85de23312fcco%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment