Monday, September 21, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} New to DC and looking to explore the fly fishing scene

James,
Welcome to the area.  While there are some good trout streams in the area, flyfishing is bigger than that here.  We have great carp fishing in the canal, lots of places with smallmouth and bigmouth bass, smaller panfish, gar, and don't overlook snakehead.  This is a diverse area and all those fish except for the trout can be caught in the Potomac river.
Kevin

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 10:16 AM James Loomis <james.loomis.3@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone-

I've just moved to Washington from St. Louis, MO. I consider myself a novice fly fisherman and my experience has been limited to fly fishing for trout in the Missouri Ozarks. I want to develop my skills and further pursue fly fishing as a hobby, and think fly fishing around my new city would also be a great way to meet new people. I popped in the Orvis Arlington store today, and they suggested I post on here to introduce myself and to solicit advice for navigating the DMV fly fishing scene.

So, here I am! I'm eager to get out there start learning/meeting/exploring. Any advice on nearby trout fishing spots or meetups (I was told there is a monthly practice session in Georgetown; convenient for me as I live near) would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a vague post-- it is hard to know where to start!

Best,

Jimmy Loomis

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/44d3470e-ba7f-467e-9940-325f1b869f8cn%40googlegroups.com.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAAtT9-vo_AcckbNvaeYhYUqBUwKa0%3Do9Z2OTbyvRQfNrtVgYiA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment