Thursday, August 9, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Tidal Basin and Snakeheads

I took a page out of N Elgas' book last night and fished the Tidal Basin last night for the first time with relative success. I was able to catch two small stripers on a white and chartreuse clouser minnow and one snakehead on a topwater frog pattern. Unfortunately, as I was fumbling for my phone for a photo op with the snakehead (and even the other fish) the fish kicked and slipped out of my hands, spit the hook, and fell back into the water. Had I not lost the fish my intent was to kill it but I faced a few problems: 

1) I had no knife with which to offer a swift demise. 
2) I was in a public area so I felt a little self conscious about putting this fish out of its misery in front of innocent bystanders.
3) Unsure of how to properly dispose of the would be dead fish.

If anyone could provide solutions to the above problems I would be eternally grateful.

All-in-all I had a great time. I think the tidal basin may be my new favorite fishing spot in the DC area as it offers a wide variety of fish species to catch and is easily accessible. 

Don't lose 'em,

-Tommy Stackhouse

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3012ea81-6583-46f7-a519-4d7c94be459c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment