Tuesday, August 14, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Ocean City MD

I just spent 2 weeks fishing the beach in Rehoboth.  The surf is dead right now.  I fished indian river inlet and decent luck on spinning gear with artificial and real bloodworms.  I caught croaker, black sea bass and shad.  I tried the fly when it appeared that blue fish were chasing bait within casting distance but did not get a hit.  

Since we have a family house down there that always needs "work" I go down thru the fall.  I am much more familiar with Rehoboth and Lewes area and can point out some spots.  

If you are into carp, there is no better place than Silver Lake in Rehoboth.  You will get shot after shot after shot.  I go there when the surf is tough.  Silvan's fly is the ticket.  @jeffsivan 

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 3:52:00 PM UTC-4, Misha Gill wrote:
Hey gang,

I've searched the forum and saw that there hasn't been a post about OC in a number of years... time for another discussion!

I have had poor luck in general fishing the salt around OC. I've tried flounder fishing, fishing back bays of Ocean Pines, fishing the inlet, fishing the surf on Assateague... one tiny bluefish and nothing else to show for my efforts. Lately I've taken to going over to Crisfield to fish the shallow grass beds and had some success with that last year. 

Does anyone have a lead on a good bass lake??? 

But seriously, I would love to get into saltwater fish too. Any insight would be appreciated. I do need to go up to DE and check out the Indian River Inlet.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ce168bd8-e52d-4475-accd-61b9b3456219%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment