Thursday, July 5, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Four mile run

I was in there a few weeks ago (~1800-2100 hours), low tide into the start of the incoming tide (could tell by my fly line laying in the water).  Nothing feeding on the surface although I saw a ton of fish jumping all around me.  I caught a 5-7lb catchfish on a brown bug-looking sinking lure (cross between a muddler and a crawfish imitation I guess) bouncing it off the bottom.  Put up a great 10-15 minute fight before I could get it to me and get the hook out.  I had a few more bites then went cold.  I tried clousers and other lures but nothing really was biting.  Tried some top water poppers and nothing.  

Cheers
Collin

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 7:16:21 PM UTC-4, tsm...@gmail.com wrote:
Has anyone been fishing 4mr this week?
I have not seen it but I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow if the water is not too high.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/fe7d5be5-f9a3-472e-8ecd-6251767cbce1%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment