Monday, July 2, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Few Schoolies...Class was in on June 30

I went fishing on June 30 in the Potomac River.  I ended up fishing St. Clements Island and the area around it (Actually found a new spot that produced 20 stripers the next day).  All of the stripers were short, 18" was the largest.  

Anyway, I had a fly fishing skunk on my boat for the past year.  It seemed like I couldn't find the right conditions to throw the fly in it was too windy when I was out or the fish were so deep the fly rod wasn't practical.  The skunk is GONE!  I caught my first stripers on the 30th.

I found the fish in current on a flat that is between 3-5 feet deep.  I was fishing the outgoing current.  The area I was in had some serious current and I ran the heck out of the electric motor to keep up with the current.

Caught 4 fish in total on the fly (caught 8 more on regular tackle).  All the fish were on a clowser's minnow tied in chartreuse and white.

The odd thing that I saw this weekend was a pod of dolphins on the backside of St. Clements Island.  I have never seen them this far up the Potomac River (maybe 20 miles from the mouth of the Potomac River).  The dolphins went up past Colton's Point towards Cobb Island and about 30 minutes later they swam back by me.  

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/9ff55edc-54f5-4d9c-96cb-6c03ad13230e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment