Tuesday, September 19, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Visiting from SFL for One Day in October

Hi y'all. I'm going to be in DC for about 24 hours for a friend's birthday on 10/28, and was hoping to get some recommendations on where to fish. I've only got from about 10 a.m. through to 4 p.m. that day, so I was hoping to find a spot or two where I could walk and fish. I won't have a car, so it's gotta be Metro/Uber accessible. I'll be bringing a 6wt with me. No waders, but I'll fly in wearing a set of throwaway clothes and shoes, so I don't mind wet-wading (or fishing from the bank). 

I'm from Miami, where pretty much all of our fly fishing is streamer fishing (canals and salt) for cichlids, cuda, jacks, ladyfish, etc. I don't have any experience fishing for trout or carp. Would somebody be willing to point me in the direction of a couple fishing spots that are within city limits, or just outside DC in Arlington? (that's where I've got to be at 5pm) Also, what are some of the area's go to flies that I should stock up on?

Also, I've heard that the Tidal Basin can be fished 24 hours. Is that true? If so, I think I'll save that for 1-4ish a.m. before my 6 a.m. flight back to Miami.

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'll more than happy to post up a primer on catching peacock bass in South Florida (that's kind of our jam) in return for the assistance! Also, I'll post my plan a day or two before, in case anybody wants to join.

-Alan

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/2feac50c-fb38-4263-94ed-4311bde26ba2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment