Monday, June 12, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Occoquan



I have had a lot of success flyfishing out of the kayak.  The center console doesn't get in the way or hang the line much.  If I put a water bottle in the console it snags more stuff than anything else so I usually just lay that on the floor when fly fishing.

Another kayak trick is boat position.  I like to cast towards the bow and I strip right to the floor.  Doing that I have no issues.  If I cast to the left side I tend to strip the line over the side of the kayak into the water and that works okay.  I hate casting over the right side of the kayak so I usually just position the boat.

I use the rudder a lot.  It helps with current or wind and it also keeps you from making correction strokes when paddling anywhere.  I am still learning the rudder system as I never had one before but I really use it a lot.

Oaktree Outfitters is the closest VA Vibe dealer to NOVA.  It is a bit of a haul but saves on the shipping etc.  It is about 2.5 hours to get there.  You also want to do the paddle upgrade if you get a Vibe.  There is the SeaGhost 130 and now there is a 110.  I have the 130 and I think that it is perfect for the way I fish.  I fix a mixed batch of water from flat water paddling on the Potomac to moving water.  It tackles that.  I even had it out on the Potomac off of Piney Point in 2 foot waves and no issues.

Last thing I will add is the customer service is second to none.  They fix/replace any issues immediately.  Take a good hard look at Vibe.  They also have a HUGE facebook following on their owners site.  There is a lot of info and mods out there too.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/fa6671fa-589a-4510-b268-770add49aa28%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment