Monday, June 12, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Occoquan

I have the space for a solid yak so I would really like to pursue that instead of an inflatable, but thank you!.  I had checked out the seaghost and read really nice things about it.  My bigget reservation is all of the stuff on the deck between your legs for the line to get tangled on. I love how canoes give you a clean floor and I've struggled in the past with sit atops.  Is this something you just get used to? Or do you have a way to avoid this issue?  Also, just curious.  Do you use the rudder much?   

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 9:28:46 AM UTC-4, Greggory DiSalvo wrote:
Hey there.  I just bought out in Manassas and am looking to get into the Occoquan River fishing this year.  I'd like to get a kayak, but I have limited experience flyfishing in them.  I've only ever used sit atops in lakes up north.  Canoes are nice in that they give me an added height advantage for casting, but I have a small car.  Im sure I could fit a single canoe, but I'm thinking a small kayak would be quicker and easier to throw up top.  I know Heavtoo (Sorry, don't know your actual name) fishes the Occoquan a lot, so I was wondering if you had any recommendations of good kayaks for that river.  

I'm looking for something small, decent tracking, good stability, and somewhat affordable (Not planning on breaking the bank at this point).  I've read through a lot of the older posts about yaks and a solid idea of a general kayak to look for, but was wondering what has worked well on smaller rivers like the Occoquan.  BTW, not overly interested in inflatable at this point.

Thanks,

Gregg

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/0e5d7dcb-7686-49b6-a2c5-e9e97bf67a8d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment