Thursday, March 30, 2017

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: 2 piece rods on Delta

Some random dude sold me the rod (reel and line too) for $20 at an intersection in  Breckinridge as I was walking out of the stream on my way to the pub. 

No tube included.  

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2017, at 10:01 AM, Eric Lowney <lowneymusic@gmail.com> wrote:

Rob, you didn't worry about the rods getting damaged at all riding up there or did you have at least a rod sock or something on it?  Thanks for the reply!

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 9:45:24 AM UTC-4, Eric Lowney wrote:
I'm looking for some advice here as I recently acquired a couple of 2 piece rods that I really like.  1 is an Orvis advantage 3 7wt and the other is a Sage DS2-990 Graphite II 9wt.  I really like both of these rods, but I'm finding that traveling with them has some limitations.  As I travel for work I have an Orvis Carry-it-All (the smaller one) and my 4 pieces fit nicely inside and so I'm assuming I will have no issues carrying that bag with rods, reels, tippit, etc. inside onto the plane.  I'd love to bring my 9wt with me as well, but will the airline allow this?  Both of my 2 pieces are 9' long, so even broken down that's 4.5 feet.  I saw some old threads (5-6 years ago) of people talking about it, but I think a lot with airlines has changed between then and now.  Any advice from some frequent flyers?  Will my carry-it-all pass?  What about the 9' 2-piece rods if I shove them in a rod tube?

Thanks in advance!
Eric

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/3ac25ea7-c3ec-4e6d-b030-6832287c0b87%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment