Tuesday, November 15, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Gunpowder Falls sections

How was your trip?  Have any luck?  The gunpowder is a great little river.  Some folks around DC don't like it because the average trout is small compared to other streams but I love it.  Of course, I learned to fly fish on it and have spent a lot of time figuring it out so I'm sure that leads to my bias.

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 1:07:49 PM UTC-5, Rod Owens wrote:

Ladies & Gentlemen:

 

I am writing to seek to fishing advice. I've been trying to teach myself how to fly fish the past two years and your forum has been a great help. So, first of all thanks.

 

I've been fishing all around the DC area and out to Shenandoah, Mossy Creek, and the NBPR, but tomorrow I am taking family to northeast Maryland and want to sneak away with my 10-year old son for a few hours of fishing.  I've been doing some research on Gunpowder Falls, but was hoping someone could provide a little bit of direction.  I'll be using a fly rod, but my son still prefers his spinner rod.  (Once I start catching fish consistently, he'll want to switch.)

 

For convenience, I was going to find a spot downstream from Corbett Road, close to Phoenix Road.  However, the MD DNR website seems to imply that the better fishing is closer to Prettyboy dam.  (Of course it sounds like there may be good fishing b/w Blue Mount Road and Corbett Road.

 

Does anyone have any thoughts on which stretch of river will have better action?  I appreciate anyone's help.

 

Thank you.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/83fe7b52-566a-4a2c-b00b-eacab38b30fe%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment