Sunday, August 21, 2016

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Digest for tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Gary

If you can get around the docks at night you can wear your arms out casting dark clousers by the lights. Some tidal movement helps but the lights are keys.  Kayak is best approach of you can rent / borrow one. 

Good hunting!

Dave 

On Aug 21, 2016, at 04:17, tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com wrote:

Gary Fleeger <gfleeger@gmail.com>: Aug 20 03:27PM -0700

Home sweet home. I am new to fly fishing and I love it. Today I took my new rough skills to the inlet in Virginia Beach (Rudee Inlet). With a closer minnow I started fishing straight out into the inlet with very little success. I switched my tactics and started fishing the rock line after about an hour. This rewarded me with Black Sea bass, Spot and one sweet out of session drum. Needless to say the Black Sea bass and spot made it back to my pan and the mother in laws. It was delicious. After many hours of catch in release in the DMV my wife was actually excited to taste the fruits of my labors. We will explore a new spot tomorrow.
 
After spending the first 35 years of my life in VB, it was great to toss a line in these waters again.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment